Questions About the Board
- What is the Board?
- What does the Board do?
- Who appoints Board members?
- How long do Board members serve?
Questions About Utilities
- What utility companies does the Board regulate?
- Does the Board regulate the price of my utility service?
- How do I make a complaint about my utility company?
- What do I do if I can’t afford my utility bill? (Department of Public Service website)
- What do I do if my utility service has been shut off? (Department of Public Service website)
- What is a utility tariff?
Questions About Net-Metering
- What is net-metering?
- Do I need Board approval before I install my net-metering system?
- What statute governs net-metering?
- Do I need to do anything about my existing net-metering system if I am selling my house?
Questions About Getting Information About Board Cases
The Public Service Board is in the process of implementing a new electronic filing and case management system, known as ePSB, to provide easy online access to information about Board cases, including documents filed by parties and issued by the Board in those cases. Many types of cases will be able to be filed in ePSB starting on January 17, 2017. Remaining types of cases will be able to be filed in ePSB later this year. The Board is continually adding older Board orders and some documents from past significant cases into ePSB.
Therefore, if you are looking for information about a Board case, you can search in ePSB to see if it already includes information about that case. More information about how to use ePSB is available in the Find a Case section of the website.
If ePSB does not yet include information about the case you are looking for, you can contact the Clerk of the Board at (802) 828-2358 for assistance.
Questions About Participating
We get numerous questions from the public about participating in Board cases. Because of this, we have developed a new website section on public participation that provides information on how to participate in Board cases.