Self-Managed Energy Efficiency Program
On August 31, 2009, the Department of Public Service ("Department") filed its recommendation for a "three-year pilot project for a class of self-managed energy efficiency programs for transmission and industrial electric ratepayers only." Pursuant to 30 V.S.A. § 209(h), the Public Service Board ("Board") is required to review the Department's recommendation and enact programs by December 31, 2009, to take effect for a three-year period beginning January 1, 2010.
This page tracks issues associated with program implementation.
- Order Establishing a Self-Managed Energy Efficiency Program ("SMEEP"), issued December 28, 2009
- Order Clarifying Self-Managed Energy Efficiency Program, issued April 7, 2010
- Order Modifying SMEEP, issued August 10, 2011
- Memorandum to the Energy Efficiency Utility ("EEU") Service List, dated September 17, 2009, requesting comments on the SMEEP proposed by the Department by October 5, 2009, with reply comments due by October 19, 2009.
- Memorandum to the EEU Service List, dated October 30, 2009, scheduling a workshop to discuss the ESA and SMEEP proposals on Friday, November 13, 2009, at 1:00 P.M., to be held in the Board's hearing room, third floor, Chittenden Bank Building, 112 State Street, Montpelier, Vermont. The workshop will be recorded by a court reporter.
- Memorandum to the EEU Service List, dated November 4, 2009, regarding the Department's proposed cost-based fee for the SMEEP.
- Memorandum to the EEU Service List, dated June 30, 2011, requesting comments on the impact of Public Act 47 (2011 Vt. Bien. Sess.) on the SMEEP and other issues
- August 31, 2009 -- Department's proposed design for the pilot SMEEP
- October 2009 -- Initial Comments
- October 2009 -- Reply Comments
- February 2, 2010 -- Department Request for Clarification
- July 12, 2011 -- Comments on the Impact of Public Act 47 on the SMEEP